Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

footballmouse

DIS Veteran
Happy Friday!!! :daisy:

Working from home today so it's always a happy day. Finished all my job interviews. I had 4 earlier this morning, that lasted 2 hours. I have 2 more on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous for those because I will be at work so I'm going to have to sneak this in. I'm allowed to work from home 2 days a week in my current position so I think I might work from home Monday and Tuesday instead of my normal Monday and Friday. I would feel a lot more comfortable.

Update on my dog, Carly - she went to the vet yesterday, I was bracing myself for a huge bill which would have included x-rays and I was figuring on a surgery estimate. Found it that it is arthritis! The vet said that when she landed, it aggravated the arthritis in her knee and that is what is causing the pain. Great news! Ended up just having them do her annual exam since she is due next month and a bottle of joint pills. She started moving around a lot better yesterday, even jumped up on the bed last night.

Going to try and get the grass cut later today. Very cloudy here but not supposed to get any rain until later.

Didn't feel like cooking last night so we just ordered a pizza, which will also serve as my lunch later today.

Hope everyone has a great day! :flower:

flyingdumbo127

DIS Veteran
:banana:Good Morning, I'm so happy and thankful to read happy and positive updates from each of you, dear friends, praise God! :)

Christmas movies are recording as I type! It's definitely strange to be DVR-ing them in October but once I get into watching, it is such fun to do so. Is anyone else recording any of the Hallmark movies this weekend? 🎄

Another cold and gray morning here. I would love to get dad and I new comforters for this coming winter. There is nothing wrong with either of ours. I think the one he has may be too warm for him at times. Plus, although reversible, it is so ugly! It was a complete mistake buy that was too late to return. One side is a solid teal/darker green which is all right, not my preference but this is his :) The other side is a tropical print with toucans (I think on it)! Now that's fine for someone who likes that design but neither of us do. My comforter is very cute. The material is a bit off. So again no complaints, grateful to have them both, of course, just would like to update/replace. I'm not sure how I would do that as a surprise anyway for dad right now. I'll have to put my Santa thinking hat on :santa:

Wishing each of you a lovely Friday!

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
I had a lovely chat this morning with my oldest niece. She and her DH are only about an hour away, but between the pandemic and other stuff, we don't see them nearly as often as we'd like, so It was nice to catch up!

Now I'm sitting out with the cats and listening to the birds.

I plan to continue with the decluttering this afternoon, and then tomorrow morning I'm going to the twins' soccer game - last one of the season.

flyingdumbo127

DIS Veteran
What wonderful news, Lynn!

I'm not a Halloween person in the traditional sense, PollyannaMom, but understand that it is a bit odd to be thinking of Christmas movies right now! Hug, dear friend and that is wonderful you were able to catch up with your niece. Family and friends truly do mean all the more during and because of this pandemic that is for sure!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES