Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
If we order a grocery drop off from Amazon will it go to the main building for us to pick up? Is this done the same way since Covid? Thanks!

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
Well, this is really embarrassing. I am pretty sure I have asked this question before, but I can't find my own Q&A. :oops:

With online check-in, we can skip the front lobby, but we're taking Magical Express. The lobby is the only stop, right? And in that case, will bell services help with our luggage? I'm concerned about carting a week's worth of luggage for four people all over CBR while also wrangling two kids. LOL.

TIA and apologies for not being able to find my own question if it was in this thread previously.

hereforthechurros

Here for the spring rolls too
Well, this is really embarrassing. I am pretty sure I have asked this question before, but I can't find my own Q&A. :oops:

With online check-in, we can skip the front lobby, but we're taking Magical Express. The lobby is the only stop, right? And in that case, will bell services help with our luggage? I'm concerned about carting a week's worth of luggage for four people all over CBR while also wrangling two kids. LOL.

TIA and apologies for not being able to find my own question if it was in this thread previously.
Yes only DME stop is the lobby at CBR. There is bell services right outside the front door if my memory serves correctly. You can drop your luggage and ask for it to be sent to your room, if you know your room number, then head out for the day. Or they can hold it until your return and bring it up once you're back.

Ohiostatefan606

Mouseketeer
Yes only DME stop is the lobby at CBR. There is bell services right outside the front door if my memory serves correctly. You can drop your luggage and ask for it to be sent to your room, if you know your room number, then head out for the day. Or they can hold it until your return and bring it up once you're back.
Unless they moved bell services, you are correct, right outside the front door - on the left. We used it last year as our room wasn't ready but we wanted to go to HS.

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
Hi - we're staying at CBR for the first time in March. If I understand correctly there are 2 skyliner stations at CBR. Which goes to Epcot and DHS? And, is there any kind of grab and go snacks and drinks available at CBR or only the quick service restaurant? Thanks!

• kelseyledare

Mouseketeer
    Is this true? I have not heard anything about Disney charging for incoming shipped items.

It is definitely true. I received three Amazon small packages and was charged $6 apiece. There was a note attached to each item, saying that I would be charged a $6 fee per item.

DMLAINI

Mouseketeer
    Staying here in April for the first time. The resort looks huge! Are there signs to get you where you need to go or will we need to use a map on our phones? We're staying in Trinidad. Will empty buses come to that bus stop to take us to the parks or should we walk to the main bus stop?

Vacation44

Earning My Ears
    It is definitely true. I received three Amazon small packages and was charged $6 apiece. There was a note attached to each item, saying that I would be charged a $6 fee per item.
    Thank you for the information. I really had no idea they started charging for this. While I realize it is not a lot of money in the scheme of things, it still bugs me.

• ENJDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
    Thank you for the information. I really had no idea they started charging for this. While I realize it is not a lot of money in the scheme of things, it still bugs me.
    I believe the charge is only for non-grocery items though. Groceries are still free.

Microcell

<font color=red>No, no,no, those red signs with th
    The one that isnt the main hub is a the Riviera Resort, awe walked on over and got on easily.

wnwardii

DIS Veteran
    how far is the walk from barbados or martinique to the skyliner depot
    Not sure about Barbados, but from Martinique, it took at least 10 minutes to get to the main Skyliner station. It may have taken longer, I wasn't really timing it. I am not a slow walker, but I was not jogging either. It is not a direct shot either and you have to navigate through the little island and then around the paths and buildings on the other side. If you are wanting to go to Epcot, it is probably easier and a bit quicker to walk to the Riviera station from Martinique and board there.

kelseyledare

Mouseketeer
    We are in Aruba and it’s much closer to walk to Riveria hub - 5 mins or less. The main Caribbean Beach Skyliner is about 10 minutes.

I would highly recommend against early buses from Aruba. It’s the last bus stop and many (every) bus seems to be full. We waited awhile before bailing and driving into Magic Kingdom to get to rope drop. Some people at the bus waited over an hour the day before and called the resort, basically demanding they send an empty bus to the Aruba stop. Maybe walk to one of the first bus stops if you’re dependent on the buses.

maryj11

DIS Veteran
    We are in Aruba and it’s much closer to walk to Riveria hub - 5 mins or less. The main Caribbean Beach Skyliner is about 10 minutes.

I would highly recommend against early buses from Aruba. It’s the last bus stop and many (every) bus seems to be full. We waited awhile before bailing and driving into Magic Kingdom to get to rope drop. Some people at the bus waited over an hour the day before and called the resort, basically demanding they send an empty bus to the Aruba stop. Maybe walk to one of the first bus stops if you’re dependent on the buses.
    What would be the first bus stop? Martinique?

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES